Impacts of Improved Groundnut Varieties in India uri icon

abstract

  • India is the largest producer of groundnut in the world. About 88% of thegroundnut area and production in India is concentrated in five states: AndhraPradesh, Gujarat, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, and Maharashtra. Nearly 83% of thetotal area is under rainy-season groundnut and the other 17% is cultivated duringthe postrainy season. During 1995-98, groundnut was grown in India over 7.47Mha with a total production of 8.02 Mt (CMIE 2000). However, the past threedecades have

publication date

  • 2005